Though decision-making related to core banking technology is dependent on local circumstances, three global trends are observed:
- Banks are increasingly willing to consider core replacements, whether big bang or phased (which is dependent on size).
In large organizations, in the old days, a designer would have to design the product, then ... build the machine tools to make a prototype of that part, which could take up to a year, and then it would manufacture the part and test it, with each test iteration taking a few months. The whole process ...
The Key Takeaways:
1. Start a Big Data project by concentrating on business processes already supported by BI (Business Intelligence) and data warehouse enviornment. Leverage Big Data to take that business process to the next level.
According to a recent industry report, there are four reasons to adopt video banking:
1. The imperative for branch redesign. In response to business conditions, declining branch foot traffic, and growth in digital channel usage, banks must increase both the efficiency and effectiveness of the branch channel. Video can play a role
With the introduction of iPhone 5s, Apple also launches the M7 chip, which runs alongside the new iPhone’s main A7 processor, (and) opens up opportunities for developers of health-monitoring gadgets and apps, as well as other connected devices. ...
The App Economy in the EU28 countries generated revenues of €10.2 billion in 2012 and is projected to grow to €14.9 billion in 2016, according to VisionMobile. The European Commissioner, Neelie Kroes, pointed out the app economy is a great example of what happens if you create the right environment; give people the framework to create.
Call it crowdfunding 2.0. Established companies are using Kickstarter and the like to launch new products, paid for by a built-in customer base before they hit the production line. ... The appeal is not limited to raising funds. ‘Just as important, we’re looking to get feedback,’ he says. ‘This campaign is about market messaging and product viability.
1. Mobile broadband subscription growth averages 40% annually, climbing from 268 million in 2007 to 2.1 billion in 2013.
2. In 2013, there are almost as many mobile- cellular subscriptions as people in the world, with more than half in the Asia-Pacific region (3.5 billion out of 6.8 billion total subscriptions).
By tracking the right KPI’s, your company will be able to make adjustments to your social media strategy and budget. Below, an industry expert shares her Top 8 KPIs for Social Media:
1. Number of Fans and Followers
2. Demographics and Location
3. Number of Active Followers
4. Likes and Shares