Leanne Kemp's nine tips for participants of BBVA Open Talent
In the opinion of the founder of Everledger, initiatives that support Fintech startups such as BBVA Open Talent, "Not only allow these projects to have a platform to test their theories but they can go into them in greater depth with BBVA executives, in addition to opening new markets for them."
So, after her winning experience in last year's competition, she offers these tips:
1. Network with other colleagues. There's a lot of information that can be shared with brilliant minds that are in a supportive environment. You're all in the same boat.
2. Network with everyone that you're fortunate enough to get along well with. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice; that's why you're there. Use these resources.
3. Be concise.
4. Engage and connect with your idea and the public sincerely, from the heart. Be passionate.
5. Speak clearly. Use concise and clear language – without big words.
6. Communicate the message using metaphors.
7. Know your audience/know your customer.
8. Practice your speech in different groups to gain sincere feedback from people
9. Concentrate on the central messages. Use verbal ability to make the product meatier.